Journal of Applied Dental
and Medical Sciences
Journal of Applied Dental and Medical Sciences is A Quarterly Published

ISSN : 2454-2288

Infobase Index Factor : 2.8

ABSTRACT

Retrospective evaluation of effect of diabetes on dental implants

Sanjay kumar bhagat, Shajah Hussain Sheikh ,Praveen Singh

ABSTRACT

Background:The growing economy of developing nations like china and India has also been playing a key role in popularizing the implant dental treatment. In light of above facts, the dental fraternity may encounter with more number of diabetic patients for dental implant treatments.Hence; we planned the present study to assess the effect of diabetes on dental implants. Materials & methods:The present study included retrospective assessment of effect of diabetes on dental implants. A total of 20 patients were included in the present study with mean age of 39.5 years. The diabetic status for the most part was determined from patient health histories or personal interviews. Success and failure of dental implants were recorded and were analyzed by SPSS software. Results:In 90 percent of the patients, dental implants were successful while in remaining 10 percent, the implant failure occurred. Conclusion:Healing in dental implants is affected by uncontrolled diabetes of the patients.

[Full Text Article]